Sunday, May 8, 2011

Some Personal Lessons I Have In my Small career...

     In the past 10 months of my  small corporate career I have gone through many team projects and many team outings and met many team leaders. To be frank and truthful enough I have learnt a very little technical knowledge but more knowledge on handling different adverse situations. When I came out of my B tech era, I heartly expected some big hardcore coding in a company like Amdocs. And in the very 1st month of the career I feel it would happen for me. But that never happened and may be it wont in the near future also. Some friends say never go deep in to your expectation which gives you utter disappointment and agony. yes its true.

     I have never said expectation from your daily work is wrong, but we spent so much our time thinking for better job life that we hardly find time to enjoy the current one that we own on that moment. So I would say 1st lesson for every one is to concentrate on the current job you are having and try to enjoy that one instead of wasting much of the hours behind hope-expectation-complain.

  Some people love to relax and some people love to work during the same working hours. Ultimately it depends on two important aspects of the approach you have for the job. One is the strictness of the goal that your manager sets and second one is the smartness of your work to complete a task before time and enjoy the rest of the time with your own flavor. So ultimately it becomes only you who can control your work hours either bowing down to what your manager says or implementing the second aspect which is quite helpful and invariable for the rest of  the life.

  One important lesson I want to share here which I came to understand now only even if I heard it many times by my colleagues and seniors. My mentor's first sentence was "Always try to identify what is the business logic behind what you code" . Now I start to know what does it mean. Its not always important to code like a freak, but it's important  how to code as per the requirements even if it might end up with a low performance and high profit. Because it is business and it is not a drawing board of a child to scratch anything.

  Most importantly  we know everybody is always inclined towards his comfort-zone, his own friend surrounding. But believe me when you come out of this zone and try something more you may feel awkward to situations but definitely you learn something different. For example  But still I would say keep on sticking to your zone of emotional compatibility for better life. I do not find much difference between personal and professional life when I take my close friends into consideration. So I am pretty satisfied and hopeful when the current colleagues and culture of the work is concerned. please don't mind If I said anything wrong, I just say the way I think....




4 comments:

SITAKANTA NANDA said...

wow kan lekhchu kire

mast heichi

Siddharth Saha said...

Pearls of wisdom for people frustrated with the job life... Good one!

Arjun Varma said...

Good Jyoti...Nice to see you blogging :)

Jyoti Prakash Muduli said...

Thanks All for following my blog...
:)